NEWS // The Style Council – Classic Album Collection released 15th July
With 2013 marking the 30th anniversary of the formation of The Style Council, Universal are releasing a 6-album collection on 15th July. The set consists of the band's studio albums from 1983 onwards, featuring their best hits and only UK number one album 'Our Favourite Shop.'
After leaving The Jam in 1982, Paul Weller decided to form The Style Council with keyboardist Mick Talbot. The band, also including drummer Steve White and vocalist Dee.C.Lee, released 6 albums and had 19 hit singles before they parted ways in 1989.
The 6 albums included are:
1. Introducing The Style Council (1983)
2. Cafe Bleu (1984)
3. Our Favourite Shop (1985)
4. The Cost Of Loving (1987)
5. Confessions Of A Pop Group (1988)
6. Modernism: A New Decade (recorded 1989, released 1998)